Let's Get "Illuminated!"
STEP #2: Dashboard
1) Customizable Widgets
2) Teachers can access their class rosters
3) Use drop down menus under the students, reports or assessments tabs or use the search bar to find information on a student, specific report, assessment or help topic.
STEP #3: Create an Assessment
1. Under the "Assessments" tab, click “Create a New
2. Select “On the Fly”
3. Input the amount of questions for your assessment.
4. Two options to Input your Answer Key
a. Manually Input
b. Scan First Answer sheet (this will be your answer key).
5. Scan student answer sheets.
(See Step #5 below)
6. Click "Save and View Results."
7. Once on the "Save and View Results"
page, click "Save as an assessment" to save your results.
STEP #5: Scanning Answer Sheets
TWO OPTIONS to SCAN ANSWER SHEETS
a. Click on the picture on the screen to download GradeCam plugin.
(You only need to do this once per web browser).
b. Follow directions on the screen.
c. Once the plugin is installed, the webcam should automatically engage when prompted to scan answer sheets.
d. Place answer sheet facing your Webcam, make sure the the answer sheet boxed bubbles is within the frame on your screen. (See picture)
e. Student score should automatically appear on your screen.
f. Once you have completed scanning all student answer sheets, click
g. You will be able to run a report to see you class results and individual student results by clicking "Reports" on the top of your screen.
2. ELMO Document Camera
The ELMO Plugin is no longer supported by Chrome. Use a different browser (Firefox recommended) to download the plugins and to log onto Illuminate.
(YOU CAN ONLY DO THIS WHEN YOU ARE CONNECTED TO AN ELMO)
5. Sign out from "Control Panel" (upper right corner) of Illuminate
6. Close your browser and login to Illuminate, again.
7. When you are ready scan your answer sheets, find your assessment
on the "Assessment List" Widget (Dash Board screen)
8. Click on your assessment and you will be prompted with a pop-up
window, click "Scan"
9. By default your WEBCAM will turn on OR if you're connected to an
ELMO, it will be used to scan your answer sheets.